Wednesday, April 12, 2006

LOURDES!

Accuiel de Notre Dame - Hostel of Our lady


It took a year to build this Hostel which has incredible hospital like facilities for the sick
& elderly.. It is a marvel and typical of the French flair, their élan…their stunning style in architecture through all the ages..yes I am a Francophone!

Lourdes is a very special place for me. I have witnessed many miracles there. Not the miracles one usually thinks of, the crippled kid leaping out of a wheelchair but the miracles of seeing amazing dignity at work. The power to transform within, spiritual miracles….

It is easy to get bogged down in theology, codology whatever! It is a special place for me, period! Millions of people come there to pray, to reconcile, to accept.

The power of that prayers lingers on, it is tangible even to the cynical like me as I discovered one morning at 3am in the grotto, The river gave is roaring past but the tranquility all encompassing…lives change totally when one is looking earnestly for God. He does listen!

It’s a pity we don’t talk to him more often.

No comments: