Monday, September 11, 2006

Happy Birthday..pt 1



It’s easy to be despondent these days. Where is the justice? We all know what happened on this day 5 years ago. Two wars and hundreds of thousands of casualties later, we are daily reminded “that freedom isn’t free”,
I cannot help but think of the line
“but who pays the ferryman?”
What really happened on that day and what has happened to us since?

The pictures here are my own, taken last August when we were in NY for a fast & furious day of “sight/site-seeing”. The ambience of the City had changed since I last visited 5 years previously. I’d describe it as a harsh environment but when you have a 16 acre crater in place of a once vibrant, creative hub…I would say any city would feel scarred, numb, violated.
Part of her soul was lost that day! Will it ever heal?

No comments: