Sunday, December 17, 2006

Absurdity....

The wonders of the Wexford People or "Sharon's weekly" as it's called in my household, I stand agog at the quality of their prose...I read this week the following headline..
"Wexford worst outside Dublin for numbers lying on trolleys", ok it's about hospital beds or rather the lack of them but I was instantly whisked away to the Wren's Nest car park on the Quays and members of a certain local first aid organisation sitting in L&N carts telling lies...you knew that these people were lying - their lips were moving!

The "Wren's Nest" was a favourite haunt of mine as I was a member of said organisation and I deny totally any implication or involvement in said activity.

The picture is the closest I can get to a wren at this time of the morning, It is "woody" the woodpecker who visits us each year for the summer. One of the lovely things about living in the Ohio sceachs is the wildlife, the place teems with it and the little fellah loves to sit & watch the birds especially the wee ones snack on tit bits he leaves out on the deck.

I had a close encounter with a copperhead last year when I was weeding, we said 'Howya!" to each other and went our merry way....I believe the snake may have heard of an Irishman called Patrick in his family history and decided to bugger off, I am glad he did!

Spiny pays "W" a visit.....

Other news is that star of the household will be 3 on Monday (tomorrow) and already is showing incredibly good taste in the comedic ...He has a penchant for Monty Python and er, Spiny Norman...."Dinsdale!" he exclaims when Spiny pops up. Some people reading this will be horrified.."Monty Python - so young an age?"...well it didn't do me any harm or so they tell me as they bring me back to my room on a trolley, (that word again!).

No comments: