Monday, December 18, 2006

Dec 18th - A special day

I have a lot of time for a certain Bible Teacher, Andrew Wommack from Colorado. Looking at Andy's program today I was suddenly struck by a piece of scripture that I had not truly known till today or rather three years ago today.
1 John 4:8


"Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love". (NIV)

That was the day I became a father for the first time and a little blue eyed boy entered my world. He was all I had imagined, dreamed for & prayed for.....when I held him in my arms for the first time in the delivery room, I sang him "Molly Malone" and "One man went to mow".

My poor wife was exhausted but the moment she seen his face, I will never forget that look in her eyes. I think that is the moment a marriage truly is discerned by both parties as a union. Once a child enters into the world, your own needs become secondary. That day & that day alone, I truly came to realise what Love was all about.

Time flies, He is growing up to be a wonderful little boy and as I described earlier he has a wonderful sense of humour. He has his moments too and believe me we know what the terrible twos is all about. He is also a very caring, sensitive little fella - loves to play and loves life.

But It is a wonderful thing to have hope and a child is the living embodiment of that. I really believe I understand now what the Christmas story is all about. It is a blessing to realise daily how blessed we are by God.

No comments: