Thursday, December 21, 2006

OLD Wexford


I wrote earlier of a great teacher I had many years ago - Billy Colfer. I already had a huge interest in history, medieval, ancient but to have it triggered locally was a revelation. Many thanks once more, Billy.

My family were members of the Old Wexford Society and I can still remember it's founder Dr. Hadden strolling up our street on his way home to Wygram looking like" Old father time", a resplendent flowing beard, plus fours and an immaculate walking cane. His legacy to us today is alive and well and can be viewed on the website listed to the right.

There is a lovely website up and running now called Wexford ways, it is well worth a look.
http://groups.msn.com/WexfordStories It's publisher is a guardian of Wexford lore -Nicky Rossiter..we are lucky to have such a dedicated individual as he, chronicling our history.
I have a huge amount of photos back home of Wexford's site plus a large digital library which I mean to unlock one of these days...and publish. It will be a project for 2007, keep posted for details.

No comments: